What usages does your licensing agreement allow?
Cartoons licensed from Cartoonsy can be used for editorial use like magazines, newspapers, blogs, websites, PowerPoint presentations, iPhone / iPad apps, and personal prints.
The list is not endless and we encourage you to review of our Download Agreement page for additional details on approved end usage for our cartoons.
If you have any uncertainly regarding the use of content located on the site, please contact us.
I forgot to cancel my subscription. Can I have a refund?
We are very sorry but renewals are NOT REFUNDABLE. Forgetting to cancel is not a valid excuse and no refunds will be granted if you forget to cancel before the renewal date.
By purchasing a subscription, you receive a massive discount from standard prices and it is your responsibility to cancel before it renews. Cancellation instructions should be emailed to you from PayPal after your initial subscription purchase and these cancellation instructions should also be emailed to you after each monthly renewal charge is processed.
Subscriptions will renew each month automatically until cancelled. YOU CAN CANCEL ANYTIME prior to the monthly anniversary. After you cancel, you will not be charged again and you should receive a cancellation confirmation via email from PayPal. Failure to cancel before the renewal date is not grounds for a refund. Subscriptions purchase are not refundable.
Here are additional instructions on how to cancel a subscription -->
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click History at the top of the page.
3. Find the subscription in your History.
4. Click the Details link for the subscription.
5. Click the Cancel Subscription button.
Please remember that your credits are valid one year from the date of purchase so in the event that your subscription renews and you have unused credits, you have an entire year from the renewal date to use those credits.
What are Credits? How do they work?
Credits are our currency. In order to license (and download) files, you must first purchase credits. Credits were created to simplify and standardize the buying experience and provide discounts on bulk purchases. The more credits your purchase, the greater the discount you receive.
Once you have purchased credits, you can use these credits to license any file on the site. Simply click the download link below any file. You can download the files anytime after you "Check Out". i.e. You can revisit your My Account page and download your licensed licensed files over and over again after your initial purchase.
Credits expire one year from the date of purchase. For example, credits purchased on 5/1/2010 will expire one year later on 5/1/2011. You may check your credit balance anytime from within your My Account page.
How do I cancel my subscription?
If you have a subscription that you no longer want or need, you may cancel your subscription at any time through your PayPal account. There are two ways to do it:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click the History subtab.
4. Click More filters, select Subscriptions and agreements, and then click Subscriptions.
5. Change the date back to the year the subscription was created, and then click Show.
6. Click Details next to the subscription.
7. Click Cancel Subscription.
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click on View All of My Transactions.
4. Click Find a Transaction.
5. Search for our PayPal email (paypal[at]imagecollect.com) in Email between the dates that you believe your subscription has been created.
6. Find the original transaction where the subscription was created. The Type would be specified by "Subscription Creation To".
7. Click Details next to the subscription.
8. Click Cancel Subscription.
In addition to the 2 methods listed above, you can try and cancel by following this special shortcut link we have created for you -->
Should you have any problems related to cancelling your subscription, please contact PayPal first because they manage your subscription for us. If they cannot resolve it, please contact us and we will resolve the issue for you.
I just paid for a cartoon. How do I get it? Where is it?
My file downloaded ok, but it won’t open. What should I do?
If the file downloaded completely but your software program doesn't open it, simply try again using another software program and resave. If you still experience problems contact us.
I’m getting an error message when I try to download.
If your download is interrupted for any reason, or you lose the file on your hard drive, (or any other such disaster!) don't worry. You can re-download your purchased files by visiting your “My Account” page. Please contact us if you are still experiencing download problems and we’ll assist you asap.
Can I share my downloads with my friends?
NO. The files on our site are copyright protected intellectual property. Customers that download files from Cartoonsy cannot copy or distribute them outside the scope of their own individual projects.
Will my credits ever expire?
YES. Credits expire one year from the original date of purchase. If you purchase a subscription package, the package DOES NOT need to remain active for your credits to remain active. Credits will not expire until one full year from the date on which they were originally purchased.
Is it safe to pay by credit card online on the the site?
YES. We use a rock solid, 256-bit encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect your transactions. Your transactions are 100% secure and encrypted by our merchant gateway providers (BrainTree and PayPal). In fact, we do not actually ever see or have direct access to your credit card information during the transaction process. Your transactions are perfectly safe with us.
Can I submit files as well as buy files?
YES. All user accounts are automatically able to act as both buyer and seller accounts. There's no need to create a second account if your a buyer and wish to sell your own cartoons or if you're a seller and wish to license cartoons from other users.
In what file format are your cartoons delivered?
Cartoons are uploaded ad JPEG, PNG, and PDF files and delivered to our end users in the same, high quality file formats. End users should feel free to convert the file to whatever format they like for publication.
What browser should I use?
We recommend the most recent versions of Chrome, FireFox, and Internet Explorer for PC users and Chrome / Firefox for Mac users. If you are using Internet Explorer, please be 100% sure that you are using a version higher than 8.0 as anything less is not supported by our site. Your web browsing experience will be greatly enhanced if you upgrade to the latest versions of all web browsers.
How do I buy a cartoon?
You’ll first need to add credits to your account. You’ll see that our current pricing offers discounts for purchases of 2 credits or more:
Pay As You Go Plans
25 credits for $19.99
50 credits for $29.99
100 credits for $49.99
200 credits for $89.99
500 credits for $199.99
1000 credits for $299.99
2000 credits for $499.99
Subscriptions offer significant cost savings over Pay As You Go and they automatically renew until cancelled from within your PayPal account.
20 credits for $9.99
50 credits for $19.99
100 credits for $29.99
200 credits for $49.99
400 credits for $89.99
1000 credits for $199.99
2000 credits for $299.99
4000 credits for $499.99
What if I don’t want to purchase using PayPal?
You can use Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or AMEX to purchase one of our Pay As You Go Packages. For monthly subscriptions, we only accept PayPal; however, wou can actually use a regular credit card with PayPal. If you proceed to the buy credits process, you will be directed to the PayPal login page. When you arrive at the PayPal page, please look at the bottom left of the screen and next to "Don't have a PayPal account?", please click the "Continue" link and proceed to make a purchase with a credit card directly. There is an input area for credit card processing without a need to login or be registered for PayPal.
Can I use the watermarked preview files on your site for my project for free?
NO. The license is granted only to customers who pay for a license. All the other versions are for preview purposes only.
In general, who would you say uses Cartoonsy as a resource?
Our current customers include magazines, websites, bloggers, small creative agencies, video production companies, web design firms, government PR agencies, publicly traded international manufacturing companies, among many others.
What usages does your licensing agreement NOT allow?
Our full Content License Agreement can be found here. In short, our standard content can be used in any editorial (i.e. non-commercial) manner, except for in print publications with circulations over 500,000 and on the cover of such print publications. Here are some more details regarding prohibited uses. You may NOT...
1. use the Content for commercial purposes (i.e. to directly promote a product or service of any kind);
2. use the Content in advertisements and promotional projects, including print advertising, billboards, product packaging, films, commercials, catalogs, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (i.e. not for resale or license);
3. use the Content in design template applications intended for resale, whether on-line or not, including, without limitation, website templates, Flash templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, and brochure design templates;
4. use or display the Content on websites or other venues designed to induce or involving the sale, license or other distribution of “on demand” products, including postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes custom designed websites, as well as sites such as www.zazzle.com);
5. use the Content in any posters (printed on paper, canvas or any other media) or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit;
6. use any of the Content as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
7. incorporate the Content in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Content (such as electronic greeting card web sites, web templates and the like) or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Content as an electronic file;
8. use the Content in a fashion that is considered by Cartoonsy (acting reasonably) as or under applicable law is considered pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Content into disrepute;
9. use or display any Content that features a person in a manner (a) that would lead a reasonable person to think that such person uses or personally endorses any business, product, service, cause, association or other endeavor; or (b) except where accompanied by a statement that indicates that the Content is being used for illustrative purposes only and any person depicted in the Content is a model, that depicts such person in a potentially sensitive subject matter, including, but not limited to mental and physical health issues, social issues, sexual or implied sexual activity or preferences, substance abuse, crime, physical or mental abuse or ailments, or any other subject matter that would be reasonably likely to be offensive or unflattering to any person reflected in the Content, unless the Content itself clearly and undisputedly reflects the model or person in such potentially sensitive subject matter in which case the Content may be used or displayed in a manner that portrays the model or person in the same context and to the same degree depicted in the Content itself;
10. to the extent that source code is contained within the Content, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code;
11. remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Content;
12. sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Content or the rights granted under this Agreement;
13. install and use the Content in more than one location at a time or post a copy of the Content on a network server or web server for use by other users;
14. use or display the Content in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement;
15. use the Content for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the Content: “©Cartoonsy.com/Artist’s Member Name]; or
16. either individually or in combination with others, reproduce the Content, or an element of the Content, in excess of 500,000 times without obtaining an Extended License, in which event you shall be required to pay an additional royalty fee.
17. use the Content on the cover of a newspaper, magazine, or book without obtaining an Extended License, in which event you shall be required to pay an additional royalty fee.
If you need an extended license for a particular images, please contact us.
What are your prices?
All cartoons are presently priced at 40 credits each. The more credits you purchase, the bigger the discount you receive. Pay As You Go credits are as little as 25 cents each and Subscription credits as little as 12 cents each.